Onyx Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[DENIED] Gone Roleplay's Vortigaunt Application

3 posters

Go down

[DENIED] Gone Roleplay's Vortigaunt Application Empty [DENIED] Gone Roleplay's Vortigaunt Application

Post by Gone Roleplay Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:54 am

***OOC PORTION***
Username:Gone Roleplay
Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:49063373
Previous bans: None.
Past RP Experience: Everywhere but Lemon-Punch and Relentless Roleplay
Example of Vortigaunt speech: (This is not their language, but rather how they phrase sentences, use certain word types, and different sentence structures)
We are one, lead onwardssss for freedom. Weeee live to sssserve. [They talk in thirdperson, i'm not very good at expressing how to talk. Razz]
RP example as Vortigaunt: (This must be extensive and a consistent speech pattern must be used throughout. Short story or server command style permitted.)
/me walks around sewers, slightly hungry and thirst. He limps on one leg, resting upon a stump. Before his eyes he catches glimpse of a head-crab feeding on something ahead.
** The head-crab appears occupied and does not notice the Vortigaunt
/me slowly moves forward to the Head-crab lunging on it before turning it on its belly thrusting down - ultimately killing the head-crab.
/me places the head-crab on his middle-hand placing the head-crab in his mouth.
Why do you want to play as a Vortigaunt?
I wish to play as a Vortigaunt for the pure reason that I find acting as a wise old alien always talking in third-person appealing and fun at time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Ken'Jer'Alh
Height: 7'1

Character Backstory:
Before the combine invasion, Ken was born on Xen so on and so forth, he learned vortessance as a child and frankly worked his way upwards. After Xen was invaded by the Combine Empire, a inter-dimensional conquering force Ken was subjected to enslavement. He invaded black mesa during the Resonance Cascade where he was shot down just to be healed by a partner. After the seven hour war struck he was captured and enslaved yet again.
One day, a female named Ashley 'Shade' Reconiz released him of his bindings, they both snuck there way into slums just for him to be lost again, he was heavily damaged and sent on a journey to find his elder, which is in another city.

Last edited by Gone Roleplay on Sat May 03, 2014 11:08 am; edited 7 times in total
Gone Roleplay
Gone Roleplay

Back to top Go down

[DENIED] Gone Roleplay's Vortigaunt Application Empty Re: [DENIED] Gone Roleplay's Vortigaunt Application

Post by NuggetandSkull Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:18 am

I'd like for you to expand upon your examples, perhaps giving extended versions of both the speech patterns as well as the roleplay example. I neglected to add a character backstory section as well as a name slot so if you add those in as well, it will help out.

Edit: This reply is outdated.

Last edited by NuggetandSkull on Fri May 02, 2014 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
NuggetandSkull
NuggetandSkull
Co-Owner

http://www.onyxrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[DENIED] Gone Roleplay's Vortigaunt Application Empty Re: [DENIED] Gone Roleplay's Vortigaunt Application

Post by Gone Roleplay Fri May 02, 2014 2:21 pm

Fixed
Gone Roleplay
Gone Roleplay

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenic Sulphide Fri May 02, 2014 3:43 pm

Your Vortigaunt Speech examples are acceptable.

Your RP Example comes off as a Stream of Consciousness narrative style. Not something I would encourage for roleplay but not a definitive disqualification on it's own.

Your backstory is where my main issues lie. Your actions during the BMI - leader of your squad, killing scientists and three marines, serious injury - it's all a little sketchy. It feels like you're setting up a hero character. It's acceptable given the context, though.
On the other hand, the final lines - did your character fall into a coma and wake up over a year later to find the Combine Invasion occurring? Our official Onyx Roleplay fluff states that the BMI and the Combine Invasion occurred around a year apart. What was Gera'Ker'Ah doing during this time?

If you alter the backstory, particularly how he survived on earth until the invasion, or to make it more readable if you did answer that (might be a possibility) then the character will be acceptable.. The character overall could use some rehash but it's nothing too extreme.

Overall,
Needs Reworking

Application has since been updated.

Last edited by Arsenic Sulphide on Fri May 02, 2014 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Arsenic Sulphide
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggetandSkull Fri May 02, 2014 3:51 pm

You're bordering on accepted from me, Alphabet. The spots Arsenic point out do need some touching up, but I can honestly see you with the whitelist if you keep up the good work.
NuggetandSkull
NuggetandSkull
Co-Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenic Sulphide Fri May 02, 2014 4:08 pm

Conditional Acceptance
Pending Owner/Co-Owner approval regarding initial freedom.

Arsenic Sulphide
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggetandSkull Fri May 02, 2014 4:15 pm

Nathan and I will talk about a pre-freed Vort. With Arsenic's response, you will have enslaved for now.
NuggetandSkull
NuggetandSkull
Co-Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggetandSkull Sat May 03, 2014 3:40 pm

Retroactively denied outright. Metagamed how to use the laser in the interrogation room, repeatedly failed to understand that an underfed, enslaved Vortigaunt cannot overpower being shocked by its restraints, failed to understand that rubber, especially great amounts of it, negates even the more failRP of attempts to chain electricity. Player has been banned for two days and barred from applying for this faction until an undefined time has passed.

Edit: He may now attempt to re-apply.
NuggetandSkull
NuggetandSkull
Co-Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down