Onyx Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Accepted] Convext's MPF Application

3 posters

Go down

[Accepted] Convext's MPF Application Empty [Accepted] Convext's MPF Application

Post by Convext Thu May 29, 2014 6:01 am

**OOC portion**

Steam username:
Convext

SteamID:
STEAM_0:0:23201889

Ban history:
None.

Past RP experience:
I first started Serious Roleplaying approximately 4 years ago in Taco N Banana's Terminator Roleplay. I've since then moved on to greener pastures and had my hand on many different HL2RP servers. A few examples are Slidefuse (One of the first popular HL2RP severs), Pumpkin Bread Gaming, Poseidon Gaming, so on and so forth.

Past CP experience:
Over the several years of Roleplaying I have been involved in operating many different factions including the Civil Protection. Past positions include SeC, DvL, EpU, etc.

RP example:
** The Sectorial Commander orders an 03 to patrol the sector **

03 : /radio <:: Unit 16462, 03 CUSTOMARY DIVISION is now 10-8. Standing by for further orders.
SeC: /radio <:: Copy that. Unit 16462 shall assume 10-50 at Sector 3.
03 : /radio <:: 10-4, moving to execute protocol.
* Unit 16462 executes his orders and moves over to patrol his sector *
SeC: /radio <:: Unit 16462, report your status.
03 : /radio <:: Unit is executing cycle at Sector 3. Sector is Green.
SeC: /radio <:: Copy. Proceed with 10-50.

RP example of arresting a citizen and then the following punishment:
** While patrolling, a man on the streets is seen banging his head on a lightpost multiple times **

* Unit 15323 proceeds with his 10-50, and notices the man banging his head on the lightpost. *
02 : /radio <:: Possible 10-107M sighted at Sector 3. Proceeding to investigate.
* Unit 15323 approaches the man cautiously before saying in a deep harsh voice. *
02 : Citizen, apply.
* The man continues to bang his head aimlessly *
02 : Citizen, final warning. Apply.
* The man refuses to listen and continues doing so *
02 : /radio <:: Citizen is confirmed 10-107M. Executing standard procedure.
* Unit 15323 unclips his stunstick from his belt and turns it on *
* Unit 15323 raises the stunstick and attempts to give the man a hard blow onto his skull to render him unconscious *
* The man doesn't resist in any way and is knocked out, unconscious *
* Unit 15325 grabs the man by his collar and drags him along the street and into the Nexus *
** The Unit enters the Detainment Cell **
* Unit 15323 unlocks the Biolock leading to an old dusty cell, tossing the unconscious man into the room *
* Unit 15323 then locks the door, giving one final glance through the small window before proceeding with his next order *

Character backstory:
Ethan Davis was born on the 2nd of April, 1979 in Seattle, Washington with his parents and his two siblings, Alexis Davis and Johanen Davis. Ethan lived with a fairly rich family and had no problems surviving school life. He somehow always manages to score most of his subjects in school, and in return receives jealousy from most of the students in his class. This causes Ethan to be one of the less sociable people in his family. He barely ever talks to his parents, or his siblings for that matter. However, this did not bother him in the slightest even though he very well knew that his lack of ability to socialize with people would cause problems in the "near future". As Ethan approaches adolescence, he gains an interest in computers as he believed that it would provide him with the comfort and sociability he would ever need in his life. He soon finds himself addicted, and decides to continue his studies in a Computing related field. Ethan then graduates and earns his degree in the year 2000. A year passes as Ethan continues with his behaviour. One afternoon, Ethan argues with his parents and his siblings about this issue. The whole fight made Ethan very angry. Suddenly, it happened. The 7-Hour War began. The front door was kicked open, revealing what we would call an Overwatch Transhuman Arm unit in the time we are in now. Ethan's parents tried to defend him and his siblings, but ends up in vain. Instead, Ethan watched as his parents were killed in cold-blood by the monster, red stains littering the living room. It was a horrific scene, but Ehtan could not help but smile...
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
**IC portion**

Name: Ethan Davis

Birth year: 1979
Past crimes: None till date.
Loyalty Points: 0
Citizen Status: Citizen

Medical/Engineering experience: Yes [x] No [ ]
           If yes, which (or both) and explain: Graduated with a degree in Computer Engineering and possesses a vast knowledge of computer programming languages and protocols.

Why do you want to join the Union?: To serve the community for the greater good of the Universal Union and to ensure that the productivity of the world grows exponentially.

Any other information you wish to share?: N/A

Your assigned apartment will be checked regularly. This is for your safety. Do you understand?    Yes [ X ]  No [  ]

You may or may not be awarded with extra benefits according to your dedication whilst on-duty. Do you understand?   Yes [ x ]  No [  ]

You may not reveal your identity to anyone but fellow units and family members, but only if you know you can trust them entirely. This is for your safety. Do you understand?  Yes [ x ]  No [  ]

Convext

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Convext's MPF Application Empty Re: [Accepted] Convext's MPF Application

Post by NuggetandSkull Thu May 29, 2014 10:44 am

That backstory is remarkably grim... I am so happy that you don't have a 'SECRETLY WANTS REVENGE ON TEH CUMBEANS' character.

To comment on your application as a whole: I'm impressed. No joke, this had me enraptured throughout. The basic RP example is quite nice, the use of radio terms and community divisions was a nice touch, the backstory has a nice set of benefits set against downsides (he isn't super smart and a social king, a nice example that flawed characters are the best characters), and quite frankly if your character pursues a path in Torch, it'd be nice to have a more fleshed out roster.

That being said, my only issue that is bringing up its ugly head is this: you're new to the community. You know what, though? Let me RP with you once or twice and this very well may become support for your application. I really like what I see so far so a little more time on the server and you've basically got my support.

For now, pending but leaning heavily towards accepted.
NuggetandSkull
NuggetandSkull
Co-Owner

http://www.onyxrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Convext's MPF Application Empty Re: [Accepted] Convext's MPF Application

Post by Dr.Nathan100 Thu May 29, 2014 10:57 am

I completely agree with Nugget, your application is superb and I really enjoyed roleplaying with you. That being said, I still agree with Nugget that you are new to our community and we would like some more opportunities to see your abilities.

Pending.
Dr.Nathan100
Dr.Nathan100
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Convext Thu May 29, 2014 11:44 am

NuggetandSkull wrote:That backstory is remarkably grim... I am so happy that you don't have a 'SECRETLY WANTS REVENGE ON TEH CUMBEANS' character.

To comment on your application as a whole: I'm impressed. No joke, this had me enraptured throughout. The basic RP example is quite nice, the use of radio terms and community divisions was a nice touch, the backstory has a nice set of benefits set against downsides (he isn't super smart and a social king, a nice example that flawed characters are the best characters), and quite frankly if your character pursues a path in Torch, it'd be nice to have a more fleshed out roster.

That being said, my only issue that is bringing up its ugly head is this: you're new to the community. You know what, though? Let me RP with you once or twice and this very well may become support for your application. I really like what I see so far so a little more time on the server and you've basically got my support.

For now, pending but leaning heavily towards accepted.
Dr.Nathan100 wrote:I completely agree with Nugget, your application is superb and I really enjoyed roleplaying with you. That being said, I still agree with Nugget that you are new to our community and we would like some more opportunities to see your abilities.

Pending.

I appreciate the wonderful feedback. I am looking forward to roleplaying more with both of you. If timezones did not hinder me from roleplaying, this process would of course be much easier. But I'll try my best. 22:43:10 local time, at the moment.

Convext

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggetandSkull Thu May 29, 2014 11:51 am

Glad to hear it! Hope to see you on the server soon.
NuggetandSkull
NuggetandSkull
Co-Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggetandSkull Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:44 pm

From my end, accepted. I'm genuinely impressed and I can't wait to see where you go with your unit.
NuggetandSkull
NuggetandSkull
Co-Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Nathan100 Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:45 pm

[Accepted] (<--- These coloring habits die hard.)
Dr.Nathan100
Dr.Nathan100
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down