Onyx Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Several Suggestions

4 posters

Go down

Several Suggestions Empty Several Suggestions

Post by Roachdaripper Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:44 pm

I was thinking may be add these addons? (They're STEAM Workshop, so if you don't know how to extract .gma files, contact me over STEAM)
1. Houndeye SWEP
**Perfect for the Houndeye faction characters. It actually gives them a way of harming/killing any wondering citizens.
Link: Houndeye SWEP

2. SFX
**There are plenty of addons that do this, although two honorable mentions have to be D2K's Special Effects addon, the other being NO LOAFING's "Advanced Particle Controller".
**Both addons allow you to "place" effects using the Toolgun, it's a good idea to enhance the RP experience, if you happen to be staring at a fire, actually make fire show up.
Link: SFX (D2K) Advanced Particle Controller

3. Beta Citizen Models
**This addon adds models ripped from the HL2 Beta, some of the more popular ones are citizen_17 and airex_(fe)male
**However it also adds normal citizen models from the HL2 Beta, sporting a different suit/uniform
**There is also a plugin that adds these as wearable items, I'm not sure if it is compatible with TnB though, so probably leave it to just the airex/citizen17 models, which work with TnB.
Link: Beta Citizen Models

4. SMOD Kick
**This basically adds a bindable convar that enables you to kick down doors, a good idea would be to put a textscreen in the Nexus which tells you the command, this allows MPF to kick doors open when citizens then can't.
Link: SMOD Kick

5. Playable Piano
**This basically does what it says on the tin. It is a spawnable piano that citizen's can play. It comes with sheet music so citizen's can play their favorite game tune.
**(The best place to put this would be the Grizzly Grotto)
Link: Playable Piano
Roachdaripper
Roachdaripper

Back to top Go down

Several Suggestions Empty Re: Several Suggestions

Post by Dr.Nathan100 Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:52 pm

1. I have already been looking into the Houndeye SWEP and wanted to do a bit more testing before adding it.

2. We have a... What's it called... Timberbox item? Anyways, We have the ability to place a came fire as an item from your inventory.

3. I have also looked into this. They seem to be of lower quality models compared to out TnB setup we currently have.

4. Custom key binds are deactivated to avoid spam purposes. Besides, this addon seems like it can be easily abused.

5. Vortex had one of these. The only issue I have with it is that it is an entity, not a prop. Meaning it will have to be respawned every time the server restarts.
Dr.Nathan100
Dr.Nathan100
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Roachdaripper Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:55 pm

Dr.Nathan100 wrote:
2. We have a... What's it called... Timberbox item? Anyways, We have the ability to place a came fire as an item from your inventory.

It doesn't just let you place fire, that was an example, it lets you place
sparks
explosions (for the advanced one anyway)
tesla (the electric bursts that show up when the Citadel is damaged in HL2)
and a whole lot more.
Roachdaripper
Roachdaripper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleeves Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:18 pm

I would say that kicking doors down would be a plus if activated/allowed only for the MPF.

Also, does it matter that you will need to respawn the piano after each restart? You are not required to do so, just when the convenience arrives to you.
Sleeves
Sleeves

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggetandSkull Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:56 pm

I like the idea of being able to kick down doors on MPF. Since we have high OOC expectations of players on MPF, it won't be an issue of trust in many cases since any unitabusing their whitelist would be blacklisted and banned so with a quick thought, I see no downsides (though extended discussion with upper administration may change that).

We don't need the piano. Really. We don't. It's cute, sure, but yet again it is unneeded.
NuggetandSkull
NuggetandSkull
Co-Owner

http://www.onyxrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Nathan100 Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:45 pm

'Upper Administration' has had a long discussion and we came to the conclusion that Houndeye SWEP will be added, as well as the Combine's ability to kick in doors. The SFX could be added one day, but there is no real use for it right now.
Dr.Nathan100
Dr.Nathan100
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Roachdaripper Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:11 am

If you wanted to the "kick down doors" thing can also be used to kick players, why you'd want to do that however is beyond me....
as it only does 35 damage max.
Roachdaripper
Roachdaripper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleeves Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:12 pm

I still like the piano. I had good times on Vortex sitting in the Grotto and chatting while someone tapped away on the keys.
Sleeves
Sleeves

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Nathan100 Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:24 pm

Thanks to this suggestion: Houndeye SWEP and Combine door kick are now implemented.
Dr.Nathan100
Dr.Nathan100
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum