Onyx Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion: Primary Needs

5 posters

Go down

Suggestion: Primary Needs Empty Suggestion: Primary Needs

Post by Anyoldname Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:45 pm

So I had a look through some Clockwork Plugins and I think this would be a good one to add. It adds hunger, thirst and I think sleep and oxygen. I think this should be added because it will make things more realistic and add a need for rations and other food/water sources.

Links:
http://download623.mediafire.com/l36f2g68qnqg/7s11y4k9ar5kg9x/PrimaryNeeds.zip
http://download1265.mediafire.com/v8b5dd5ot5yg/721ub5da6b81ep1/PrimaryNeeds-Items.zip
Anyoldname
Anyoldname

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ANYOLDNAME

Back to top Go down

Suggestion: Primary Needs Empty Re: Suggestion: Primary Needs

Post by Dr.Nathan100 Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:33 am

We seem to be going deeper into the realism theme with having the presence of diseases. That being said, I have always been on the fence about adding this plugin has I have seen it before. Part of me likes the realism, but the other part says that we are taking it too far.
Dr.Nathan100
Dr.Nathan100
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Roachdaripper Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:41 am

Your other part is wrong, without Primary Needs what I see in HL2RP (and indeed any other schema) is citizens that don't need sleep, don't need a drink, and don't need to eat.

Players (even non-minges) tend to forget about HungerRP. With the plugin installed, the game applies a motion blur effect temporarily to simulate the effect of dizziness, which happens if you go without food or drink.

The plugin also makes you fall over if your sleep is too high, indicating your character finding it hard to stay awake, players also tend to forget about SleepRP.

That being said, I think this is the perfect plugin to have (although it doesn't add oxygen for being underwater, you need Oxygen v3 for that, yeah, Citizens can also breathe underwater, funny huh?)

Anyways I'll link both.
Oxygen V3
Primary Needs Part 1 (I have no idea why it's in parts)
Primary Needs Part 2
Roachdaripper
Roachdaripper

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggetandSkull Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:55 am

They all have their uses. Hunger and thirst would make people need to spend credits to survive as opposed to just sitting on it to become super rich. It also makes out of city resistance require either a smuggling line or a farm to keep from dying (even then a farm wouldn't help on a day to day basis early on). I'm not ready to make a decision about it, however. I want to have a more intensive discussion overall before we make a choice.
NuggetandSkull
NuggetandSkull
Co-Owner

http://www.onyxrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenic Sulphide Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:27 pm

I think it's worth noting for the Sleep that while a player might be on for 4 hours out of their day, the Citizen still has a full 24 hours to their day, and in the best interests of everyone we should assume they sleep during that time. But, can we just assume that they also only eat during that short "jacked-in" period too, or do they eat during the rest of the day?

That's my issue with adding a plugin like this. Your citizen will neither need to, nor be able to, eat, drink or sleep while you're offline, despite the fact that ICly they do not stop existing when you log off of the server. ICly they would still go about a daily routine of watching the wallpaper age, collecting mandatory scheduled rations, and sleeping.

I can definitely see the purposes for forcing people to expend their credits, and it would make Resistance harder - but I feel it's too limiting. We should figure out a way to work in basic human needs but I don't know if this is it.

Arsenic Sulphide
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roachdaripper Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:43 pm

With the Primary Needs plugin, there is a command to set the level of hunger/sleep/thirst a person has. So based on the servers time (1 hour IRL = 5 hours IC time etc) you can extend/diminish a citizens hunger/sleep/thirst.

This also applies to when rations can't be opened due to the player being offline, that said, an admin online at the time can reset citizen's hunger and simulate them having rations.
Roachdaripper
Roachdaripper

Back to top Go down

Post by Anyoldname Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:38 am

Thanks for the help Roach.
Anyoldname
Anyoldname

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ANYOLDNAME

Back to top Go down

Post by Roachdaripper Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:29 pm