Onyx Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canned Goods

5 posters

Go down

Canned Goods Empty Canned Goods

Post by Sleeves Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:39 am

I believe there is a can model and the usual supplements or cold noodles is getting old. Why not spice it up with some canned food? If you have one script item called 'Canned Food' then this will allow people to roleplay what is inside of it as well.
Sleeves
Sleeves

Back to top Go down

Canned Goods Empty Re: Canned Goods

Post by NuggetandSkull Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:46 am

We will need to ensure that people know what can and cannot be in the can. We don't want anybody role-playing pulling a pistol out now do we? That being said, I always like the idea of more food items. Considering the context that will need to make sense. If the food is too varied then the impact of the rations loses a lot of its meaning. I think something along the lines of canned pasta, canned beans, and maybe one or two other options would work out. I have no real complaints about this but I also have no coding experience so I think we should let Nathan and Roche talk about it. I like the idea but also want to make sure it fits in the universe as well as it working.

(I apologize a portions of this don't make sense. Voice transcription is very limiting)
NuggetandSkull
NuggetandSkull
Co-Owner

http://www.onyxrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Roachdaripper Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:01 pm

I can make a plugin on this but it'd have to be specific. I can't really make "canned goods"

To what Nugget said, if the item name was "canned food" then there is no chance of someone pulling a pistol out (which in my opinion screams asspull)
Roachdaripper
Roachdaripper

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggetandSkull Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:10 pm

Roachdaripper wrote:I can make a plugin on this but it'd have to be specific. I can't really make "canned goods"

To what Nugget said, if the item name was "canned food" then there is no chance of someone pulling a pistol out (which in my opinion screams asspull)
A fantastic way to get it started. I'd think to further hammer it home, the description would be something along the lines of 'Canned beans? Canned noodles? It's a grab bag of limited food choices.'
NuggetandSkull
NuggetandSkull
Co-Owner

http://www.onyxrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Nathan100 Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:09 pm

We would have to have a description on the can to specify if it has a pop open, or if it requires a can opener. I don't think citizen's should be trusted with such devices as a can opener.
Dr.Nathan100
Dr.Nathan100
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by the $oul keeper Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:06 pm

NuggetandSkull wrote:We will need to ensure that people know what can and cannot be in the can. We don't want anybody role-playing pulling a pistol out now do we? That being said, I always like the idea of more food items. Considering the context that will need to make sense. If the food is too varied then the impact of the rations loses a lot of its meaning. I think something along the lines of canned pasta, canned beans, and maybe one or two other options would work out. I have no real complaints about this but I also have no coding experience so I think we should let Nathan and Roche talk about it. I like the idea but also want to make sure it fits in the universe as well as it working.

(I apologize a portions of this don't make sense. Voice transcription is very limiting)

I have no clue why a pistol is doing inside a can... ._.

In any case, I think the desc for "canned goods" or whatever it's called should be this: A can of <Insert name of food here>, Let's hope it didn't go past is expiration date.
the $oul keeper
the $oul keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum