Onyx Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EA in a nutshell

3 posters

Go down

EA in a nutshell Empty EA in a nutshell

Post by the $oul keeper Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:55 am

the $oul keeper
the $oul keeper

Back to top Go down

EA in a nutshell Empty Re: EA in a nutshell

Post by Arsenic Sulphide Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:25 am

Seeing as this is a humour video I'm not going to type up an entire argument, but this is just the same counter-culture you see all over the internet that is so against successful titles like Call of Duty and Battlefield for being similar to their predecessors.
Do you know why they are? Because their predecessors sold well. Do you know what doesn't? That key 'i' word everyone keeps asking for. Innovation.
Look at the Wii-U. Nintendo's worst console in recent history, so full of innovation. (Nintendo's smart though, they release a solid-selling handheld for every innovative console, and a smash brothers for every innovative title, so they balance out pretty well)
But honestly, Modern Warfare was fun, lets get Modern Warfare 2. That was fun, lets get Ghosts. That's how markets work. You see it in other markets too - you don't enjoy an apple and decide you're going to never eat one again. You eat them more.
If you'd like I can get you some actual numbers, but like I said I'm not going to barge in and write up a full argument on a humour video.
(And remember that for every minecraft there's a hundred infiniminers - new ideas don't sell well 80% of the time, and these people are trying to make money)

Arsenic Sulphide
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggetandSkull Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:34 am

Christ this video is old.
NuggetandSkull
NuggetandSkull
Co-Owner

http://www.onyxrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by the $oul keeper Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:04 pm

Arsenic Sulphide wrote:Seeing as this is a humour video I'm not going to type up an entire argument, but this is just the same counter-culture you see all over the internet that is so against successful titles like Call of Duty and Battlefield for being similar to their predecessors.
Do you know why they are? Because their predecessors sold well. Do you know what doesn't? That key 'i' word everyone keeps asking for. Innovation.
Look at the Wii-U. Nintendo's worst console in recent history, so full of innovation. (Nintendo's smart though, they release a solid-selling handheld for every innovative console, and a smash brothers for every innovative title, so they balance out pretty well)
But honestly, Modern Warfare was fun, lets get Modern Warfare 2. That was fun, lets get Ghosts. That's how markets work. You see it in other markets too - you don't enjoy an apple and decide you're going to never eat one again. You eat them more.
If you'd like I can get you some actual numbers, but like I said I'm not going to barge in and write up a full argument on a humour video.
(And remember that for every minecraft there's a hundred infiniminers - new ideas don't sell well 80% of the time, and these people are trying to make money)
I can understand were you're going at here, and I'll tell you. It's because they don't give a crap. Example: Virtual boy. The reason it sucked so badly is because the company's like EA don't want to waste money trying to figure out on what the hell they need to do to make it work and because of how terrible it was. It's like the Wii U, they want money FAST! so they will remake the same game over and over again, like COD. Here is a video that explains it better.

the $oul keeper
the $oul keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down