Onyx Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scientist-based division/rank for MPF

3 posters

Go down

Scientist-based division/rank for MPF Empty Scientist-based division/rank for MPF

Post by Roachdaripper Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:40 pm

The only reason I'm suggesting this be added is because it makes sense with any technology you have introduced into the custom canon.
Who developed the Tau Cannon? Who made the Immolators? (because Children made the actual Cremator's :/ )
Anyway, besides that these should be the stats
*IC*
>::INFORMATION DOSSIER::<
MPF-HAZARD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<:: HAZARD makes weapons and other useful items for the Metropolice-Force and the Overwatch Transhuman Arm
<:: Units are required to have basic science knowledge to transfer to HAZARD
Roachdaripper
Roachdaripper

Back to top Go down

Scientist-based division/rank for MPF Empty Re: Scientist-based division/rank for MPF

Post by Roachdaripper Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:43 pm

I really couldn't think of a good name, if anyone has any ideas, please suggest them. At the time of typing this it is 01:42:29 AM so I have an excuse.
Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep 
Roachdaripper
Roachdaripper

Back to top Go down

Scientist-based division/rank for MPF Empty Re: Scientist-based division/rank for MPF

Post by NuggetandSkull Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:42 pm

I'll go ahead and establish the canon we're running on:

You are correct. Children were used in a work force early into the invasion to help create simple things. In this instance, the children have grown up and now adults do this (ergo, the workhifts have the 'lego simple' designs for assembling scanners and cremator heads). The immolators would require a more advanced and skilled staff to create (as well as prevent civs from just burning everyone) so the division could be useful, but my issue is that where would we go with them? What would their RP be like? Would it be player contained or would we actually have events where the division members would create something and then we add a plugin to reflect it? I feel that there wouldn't be much to do with them and as a research and design specific division, they would be cut out of patrol and we want to avoid MPF that just sit in the Nexus all the time.
NuggetandSkull
NuggetandSkull
Co-Owner

http://www.onyxrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Roachdaripper Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:31 am

They would probably be similar to TORCH except instead of engineering they work on weapons and other miscellaneous tech for the Union.
I was thinking that it would be player contained, but I don't understand why they would have to be cut-out of patrol.

I was going to add a weapon suggestion to this, that being mHS Battle Pack (It contains a bunch of futuristic weapons which would be perfect for this scenario) I would then also develop a plugin for the addon, allowing them to be functional Clockwork Items.

But I didn't think you'd approve of having MORE weapons.
Roachdaripper
Roachdaripper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Nathan100 Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:16 pm

Isn't Tech entirely the job of TORCH? I mean, they aren't specifically just engineering. If TORCH designs a weapon and it's approved, and they build it, I would have no problem adding it to the server.

I'm failing to see the point of a whole new division of Scientists when TORCH does all of this stuff. Besides, we do have scientists, they are just individual people, or officers.
Dr.Nathan100
Dr.Nathan100
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggetandSkull Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:34 pm

Dr.Nathan100 wrote:Isn't Tech entirely the job of TORCH? I mean, they aren't specifically just engineering. If TORCH designs a weapon and it's approved, and they build it, I would have no problem adding it to the server.

I'm failing to see the point of a whole new division of Scientists when TORCH does all of this stuff. Besides, we do have scientists, they are just individual people, or officers.
^^

An entire division dedicated to research seems a bit... overblown. And to answer your question from earlier, they would be removed from patrol due to them being too important to risk in the field as well as having them focus their efforts on their research. A division for research, no, but individuals that research, perhaps.
NuggetandSkull
NuggetandSkull
Co-Owner

http://www.onyxrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum